Statically linked binary?

Jochen L. Leidner jochen.leidner at
Fri May 21 15:17:11 EDT 2004

sorry for an urgent newbie question: how can I create a statically
compiled version of a Haskell program on Linux with GHC that does not rely
on external shared libs (also for any of its libraries it uses)?

I would like to build a binary that works on a 3-processor machine with an
older Linux SMP kernel as well as RH9/FC2.

	Thanks in advance,

Jochen L Leidner                                           <leidner at>
ICCS                                               <Jochen.Leidner at>
University of Edinburgh    <>