ghci and ld scripts

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Fri May 21 19:22:53 EDT 2004

Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> We've no idea what to do here.  In your case it'd be possible to just
> ignore the script, but presumably not so in general. [...]

I've just made a quick test on my SuSE 9.1 Linux and it seems to be the
case that an explicit "-lpthread" is not necessary anymore, even for
programs using pthread calls. Strange, but handy. :-) Could you try if
things work for you without adding "pthread" to extra_libraries?

Another way would be using some kind of autoconf/shell magic to test
for the linker script and install a link to /lib/libpthread.so.0 with
the name "myownpthread.so" to the installation directory of your package
and add "myonwpthread" to extra_libraries. Ugly...

Cheers,
    S.