Cygwin binary?

Mike Thomas mike.thomas at brisbane.paradigmgeo.com
Fri Mar 19 10:12:11 EST 2004

Hi Igor.

| We don't support targeting Cygwin, I'm afraid.  Details here:
|

| http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/building/winbuild.html
|
| Various people have worked to provide libraries offering Posix-like
| facilities for Haskell on Windows, to ease the kind of porting you are
| trying to do.  I'm not sure what the status is, though.  Mike Thomas
| might be a good person to ask.

I'm actually the worst to ask (I prefer that GHC remain independent of the
Cygwin DLL and have never built ghc targetted at Cygwin; in fact I blame
Cygwin, in the friendliest possible way, for most of the bizarre build
problems I seem to encounter with GHC).

I believe that Sigbjorn put a Cygwin ghc up on the web about 18 months ago
but I can't find his original message and I would expect that he would not
particularly want to revive it if it is no longer available.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.