Release Candidate for 6.2.1 available

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 18 09:11:29 EST 2004

The particular problem that you are encountering seems to be some
complicated interaction between Win98 and the GHC build system.   We
can't reproduce it, not having a Win98 box, and supporting building from
source on Win98 isn't a major goal. It would have been great if the new
RC fixed it, but I'd have been surprised.

The RC was trying to test something more modest, namely that the 6.2.1rc
binary release works correctly on Win98 systems, even when
	* the compiler itself is installed in a directory with spaces
	* temporary files are stored in a directory with spaces
	* the compiler is invoked in a directory with spaces

Could you try that?

Simon