stg_ap_v_ret porting crash: solved?

Ian Lynagh igloo@earth.li
Thu Sep 11 11:20:13 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:52:07AM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:

> > Things aren't so easy with alpha as gcc rejects the -mieee
> > flag when GHC
> > calls gcc for -cpp'ing. I fear a nasty hacky wrapper may be in order.
>
> Is this when running gcc on the Alpha, or on the bootstrapping host?

The bootstrapping host.

Oh, and while I think about it, on the building docs:

Minor niggle - missing "cd T" on the first line
"$ ./configure --enable-hc-boot --enable-hc-boot-unregisterised"

When you say "change TARGETPLATFORM appropriately." I've been assuming
you mean the name of the foo_TARGET_ARCH etc variables too.
Presumably this is the same as passing configure
--target=what-remote-one-says ?

Thanks
Ian