stg_ap_v_ret porting crash: solved?

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Thu Sep 11 11:32:42 EDT 2003

=20
> The bootstrapping host.

That is expected, then.  I've mentioned before that trying to build the
HC files on the bootstrapping host might not work, because these files
are meant to be built on the target.  The same goes for the invocation
of gcc itself: it is using flags designed for use on the target machine.

> Oh, and while I think about it, on the building docs:
>=20
> Minor niggle - missing "cd T" on the first line
> "$ ./configure --enable-hc-boot --enable-hc-boot-unregisterised"

added, thanks.

> When you say "change TARGETPLATFORM appropriately." I've been assuming
> you mean the name of the foo_TARGET_ARCH etc variables too.

Yes, I'll update the docs to say that too.

> Presumably this is the same as passing configure
> --target=3Dwhat-remote-one-says ?

configure doesn't cope with different --host/--target at the moment.
There's no reason in principle why it shouldn't.