threaded-rts

Wolfgang Thaller wolfgang.thaller@gmx.net
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:43:48 +0200

> I'm not sure it's worth making a threaded-rts variant distribution
> right
> now, given that we'd just throw it away later.  But you're welcome to
> try.

We might not need the variant business when the new threaded-rts is
finished, but personally, I like the thought of getting the "Threaded
RTS classic" out there so it gets tested a little more. The new bound
threads variant will share a lot of code with the classic variant, so
testing the old code a little more does make sense.

> Wolfgang, do you have a timescale in mind?

Well, let's see. I got my Powerbook back from repairs yesterday; now I
have to track down one Mac-specific issue for 6.0.1. Then I'll have a
look at the head and my old bound-threads prototypes. I might have some
(preliminary, experimental, hackish, untested, ugly) patches ready on
the weekend.

Cheers,

Wolfgang