RTS interface followup...

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:38:20 +0100

> rts_mkAddr is used by Linker.o in libHSrts.a (it looks like in the
> resolveObjs call - I in turn am calling this... (this was=20
> from doing an nm on the library)...

Hmm, yes the Linker does refer to it, just in case the dynamically
linked program requires it.  I think you should probably arrange that
the missing symbols get linked in from HSlang.o, something like:

	ghc -package lang -optl-u -optl Addr_Azh_con_info

does that help?

> with regards to the threading, I was wondering if the default file
> buffering mode has changed, as text IO to the console seems slower
> (you can see characters 'printing' left to right, rather than just
> lines flying past)...

No, the default buffering has not changed.  Can you quantify the
slowdown, or provide an example?  Does it only happen when
--enable-threaded-rts is on?