RTS interface followup...

Keean k.schupke@ic.ac.uk
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:42:36 +0100

Yup, -optl-u -optl Addr_Azh_con_info fixes it, and is better than putting
HSlang.o in the
compile as it will not automatically include the whole library in the
binary.

As for the slowdown, I will try and compare some code compiled with ghc-5.02
and I will
let you know if anything real is happening here...

	Keean Schupke
	Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering,
	Imperial College.

-----Original Message-----
From: glasgow-haskell-users-admin@haskell.org
[mailto:glasgow-haskell-users-admin@haskell.org]On Behalf Of Simon
Marlow
Sent: 17 July 2002 11:38
To: k.schupke@ic.ac.uk
Cc: glasgow-haskell-users@haskell.org
Subject: RE: RTS interface followup...

> rts_mkAddr is used by Linker.o in libHSrts.a (it looks like in the
> resolveObjs call - I in turn am calling this... (this was
> from doing an nm on the library)...

Hmm, yes the Linker does refer to it, just in case the dynamically
linked program requires it.  I think you should probably arrange that
the missing symbols get linked in from HSlang.o, something like:

	ghc -package lang -optl-u -optl Addr_Azh_con_info

does that help?

> with regards to the threading, I was wondering if the default file
> buffering mode has changed, as text IO to the console seems slower
> (you can see characters 'printing' left to right, rather than just
> lines flying past)...

No, the default buffering has not changed.  Can you quantify the
slowdown, or provide an example?  Does it only happen when
--enable-threaded-rts is on?