gtk+hs and libgmp

Gérard Milmeister gemi@bluewin.ch
31 Oct 2001 16:07:46 +0100

On Wed, 2001-10-31 at 15:49, Simon Marlow wrote:

> > Here is the output:
> > 1. Main.out from a link that succeeds.
> > 2. GtkHelloWorld.out, a sample program from gtk+hs, compiled with
> > ghc -v -fglasgow-exts -lgtkHS GtkHelloWorld.hs `gtkhs-config
> > --cflags` `gtkhs-config --libs` `gtk-config --cflags`
> > `gtk-config --libs`
> >
> > In fact, you are right, there is a -L/usr/lib before -lgmp.
> > Maybe the libgmp.a included
> > with ghc should be renamed, for example  libgmp_ghc.a
>
> That would be one solution, yes.  On your system, if you remove /usr/lib/=
libgmp.a (and /usr/lib/libgmp.so if you have one), does it work?  You only need these files if you intend to build any software which depends on having GMP version 2, which is unlikely since GMP 3 is source-compatible with GMP 2.

Yes, that works. Still I would opt for the renaming to avoid this
problem in the future. It really depends on the setup of the system.
Another question: should packages like gtk+hs not add themselves to
package.conf, so that gtkhs-config is not needed? Or is this method
not yet proven.

--
Gérard Milmeister
Tannenrauchstr. 35