[ghc-steering-committee] #632: Phased introduction of GHC2024

Malte Ott malte.ott at maralorn.de
Fri Mar 22 14:42:02 UTC 2024

I also think that the notion of default-language matters. For some reason people
care greatly about which is the "real" Haskell.

I really want ghci to use the latest and greatest language edition.
I also would prefer it to be used when calling ghc on a quick test file.
If deemed necessary we can throw a warning when we fallback to a default in
that case.

I think it is very important that we care about breakage for the sake of the
ecosystem. But the ecosystem relies on Cabal to build packages so outside of
that changes have another quality.

Best
Malte