[ghc-steering-committee] Modifiers and #512: NoFieldSelectors

Simon Peyton Jones simon.peytonjones at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 21:31:27 UTC 2023

> If we choose to revise, I volunteer to implement Modifiers in time for GHC
> 9.12

Like Joachim, this changes the situation a lot.  Thank you for offering.
You are an excellent implementor, and if you say you'll do it, I'm sure you
will.  Don't forget that, to be useful for the author, the modifiers need
to be in Template-Haskell-generated syntax too.

With that in mind:

* [ x] Revise the proposal to use modifiers-based syntax and then accept

I'm sure the author will be happy to use modifier syntax -- he just needs
to be sure that doing so won't block the feature and your offer gives him
that surety.

Simon