[ghc-steering-committee] GHC proposals

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 9 13:38:45 UTC 2021

Good points.

How about this: when you do the work for your monthly email, you update the spreadsheet, including a prominent date saying "this was true on date X".  Zero extra work for you.

That way I can have a bookmark to a table that shows a decent approximation to the status quo.  I find it hard to grep back through mountains of email, be sure I'm looking at the latest status update from you, etc.  It's enough friction that I just don't do it.

Tom, our "nudger" will find that useful -- and will doubtless update it if he knows the status has changed (e.g he nudges someone and they say "oh I did that").

The rest of us (esp shepherds) can use it as an aide memoire. (What proposals am I responsible for?)

Would that be ok?

Simon