[ghc-steering-committee] Proposal #320: recommendation: accept

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Mon May 4 09:06:35 UTC 2020

Hi committee,

I am the shepherd for #320, about a tweak to the handling of associated-type defaults in hs-boot and signature files. I recommend acceptance.

Proposal: https://github.com/obsidiansystems/ghc-proposals/blob/signature-type-instances/proposals/0000-signature-instances.md <https://github.com/obsidiansystems/ghc-proposals/blob/signature-type-instances/proposals/0000-signature-instances.md>
Recommendation (in GitHub thread): https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/320#issuecomment-623346043 <https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/320#issuecomment-623346043>

I expect this will be boring and uncontroversial to many of us. I will accept this in one week unless debate has sprung up.

Thanks!