[ghc-steering-committee] GHC proposals

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 11 09:05:47 UTC 2019

|  I wonder if we can still fix this. Nobody is really using the “accepted”
|  number, so maybe it is fine?

I don't have a strong opinion -- others may.

But it would help, *on the home page*
	https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals
to have clear lists:

(A) List of all not-yet-accepted proposals, along with their status.
(B) List of all accepted proposals, along with their status.

(Status = labels, I guess.)

For (B) the link you give
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pulls
seems good, though additional guidance (along with the link) would be helpful.  For example:
 * In this list, accepted proposals won't show up, because they should
   be closed.
 * You can filter by status by clicking on the "Labels" button.

When I fitered by "dormant" I only saw three -- that was a lot fewer than I expected.

For (A) it's sad not to have their labels; e.g. implemented or not.  Is that hard to do?

Thanks!

Simon