[ghc-steering-committee] GHC steering committee participation

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at justtesting.org
Sat Feb 4 02:33:17 UTC 2017

Usually, I would agree with what you are writing. However, this is a special situation as Atze never actually started to participate as a member of this committee. The situation is the same as when he had declined Simon and Simon’s original request. In that case, Simon and Simon would just have picked somebody else. Hence, if both Simons are in favour of replacing Atze by Roman, I think, we should just do this and, if they want to pick somebody else, the same applies.

Personally, I would love to have somebody from SC involved as they are one of the biggest commercial users of Haskell. That is a very valuable perspective to tap into.

Manuel