[ghc-steering-committee] GHC steering committee participation

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Feb 3 20:55:34 UTC 2017

Hi Committee,

it is very thoughtful of Atze to suggest a replacement as he steps
down, and I have no reasons to doubt Roman’s qualification. But given
that one purpose of instantiating the committee is to make governance a
bit more transparent, I think it would be nice to publicly announce
that we have a spot to fill and solicit nominations.

We can mention that we try to maintain our existing nice balance
between academics, industry users etc, and surely selecting Roman is a
possible, maybe likely, outcome. Nevertheless it would not hurt doing
so publicly.

Although it would look better if we actually accepted some proposal
first, to show that the committee is doing more than just filling seats
:-)

We had no objections to Simon’s suggestion to adopt

- Update levity polymorphism
- Constraint vs type

so I take that as “the committee agrees”. Ben, as the committee’s de-
facto secretary, would you merge and label these proposals?

Greetings,

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
  mail at joachim-breitner.dehttps://www.joachim-breitner.de/
  XMPP: nomeata at joachim-breitner.de • OpenPGP-Key: 0xF0FBF51F