questions about head.hackage

Moritz Angermann moritz.angermann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 03:03:19 UTC 2024

Hi Jappie,

This answer will only tangentially answer your question. Head hackage by
design is GhC development internal and should never ever leak out of ghc
development. As such the packages building with it today may not build
tomorrow (ghc HEAD is a moving target).

What you _can_ do is look at the package patches in head.hackage; and the
look at the dependencies for them in hackage to get a rough estimate of
direct and indirect packages being enabled.

Getting an accurate count would require trying to compile all hackage
against some ghc from master. And that number likely changes every day due
to head of ghc and hackage being moving targets. L

A more sensible option might be to try and use a subset like stackage or
the CLC stackage set to buidl against.

Best, Moritz.