GHC code size

Steven Shaw steven at steshaw.org
Wed Jun 15 00:05:29 UTC 2022

Hi Simon,

If you prefer to use the old `count_lines`, you can retrieve it like this:

    git show 0cd989577a8b8d2666741fcac4fd3032ae212b80^:utils/count_lines/
count_lines.pl >/tmp/count_lines.pl

It appears to need a list of files. The output is quite busy (not quite
like your nice summary above). For example, the output of

    perl /tmp/count_lines.pl $(find compiler -name '*.hs')

on `master` is
https://gist.github.com/steshaw/b636fb76c805bfa0fff7484f5da11ed6

Perhaps if you recall how you used `count_lines` in the past, you can make
an accurate comparison!

Cheers,
Steve