[ANNOUNCE] GHC 9.4.1-rc1 is now available

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 11:20:17 UTC 2022

Hi Ben

/ust/bin/xattr exists on my machine. Running "xattr -rc ." manually does
not fix the bug as noted at the start of 21506. It was sufficient in the
past but no longer fixes this error. As noted farther down in 21506

the workaround given in #17418 </ghc/ghc/-/issues/17418> no longer works.
It did not work in 9.2.2 either. The current workaround is similar to what
Kazu explained in
https://twitter.com/kazu_yamamoto/status/1500643489985761282

sudo xattr -rc .

sudo spctl --global-disable

./configure

sudo make install

sudo spctl --global-enable

It seems there are files created during sudo make install that have an
issue as xattr -rc . was never run on them. Perhaps this is related to
using Hadrian. Is it possible that the fix that was made was never tested?

Thanks
George