GHC Exactprint merge process

Alan & Kim Zimmerman alan.zimm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 23:06:48 UTC 2021

Thanks Richard

This MR is a huge change,  and hard to digest.  But it is also a step
function,  in that we cannot have the old way of using API Annotations for
exact printing and the new way at the same time.

So I have focused on making sure that it can actually do what I believe is
required, which I am satisfied it now does.   Admittedly this needs to be
more clearly defined. I am happy to do that,  and to tweak the
implementation based on feedback.  There are plenty of rough spots, as I
have been working on the big picture at the expense of polished details.

And I do appreciate the willingness to merge now and then clean up, this
will make my life a lot simpler,  I have rebased 50 odd times already.

Regards
  Alan