Erdi, Gergo Gergo.Erdi at sc.com
Thu Jul 1 07:04:14 UTC 2021

PUBLIC

Unfortunately, that would take quite some extra effort. However, I think I have figured this out in the meantime: it seems it wasn't the FinderCache that needed invalidating, but the ModuleGraph. So now I have the following code for changing the home unit:

```
setHomeUnit :: (GhcMonad m) => UnitId -> m ()
setHomeUnit unitId = do
    modifySession $ \env -> env
        { hsc_dflags = (hsc_dflags env)
            { homeUnitId = unitId
            }
        }
    invalidateModSummaryCache

invalidateModSummaryCache :: (GhcMonad m) => m ()
invalidateModSummaryCache = modifySession $ \env -> env
    { hsc_mod_graph = invalidateMG (hsc_mod_graph env)
    }
  where
    invalidateMG = mapMG invalidateMS
    invalidateMS ms = ms{ ms_hs_date = addUTCTime (-1) (ms_hs_date ms) }
```

Here, `invalidateModSummaryCache` is based on the one in the `GHC` module which doesn't export it.

With the addition of `invalidateModSummaryCache` to `setHomeUnit`, I can now import `MyLib` from `Test` without using a package-qualified import. Adding or removing a `flushFinderCaches` call doesn’t seem to change anything.