GHC Logo

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Sat Aug 15 13:50:24 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

Recently a sponsor asked for a logo for our project. As far as I know,
GHC doesn't really have a consistent logo; the closest that we have had
is the stylized "GHC" on the top of ghc.haskell.org.

To accomodate the request, I took a few minutes and reworked the
typography of the Thompson-Wheeler Haskell logo for use by GHC. I
couldn't positively identify the typeface used for the "Haskell" text,
but I believe that the extra-bold Cantarell face that I chose in the GHC
variant has a similar feel to the Haskell logo and is free to use.

I've posted the logo on the Wiki for future reference [1]. Feedback is
very much welcome.

Cheers,

- Ben