Coercible questions

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 16:51:34 UTC 2019

I think there's some work going on to expose the representations, which
would enable some ability to coerce. But possibly not this much, as they're
separate RuntimeReps so you don't combine signed and unsigned numbers
inadvertently; currently that's a little magical inside ghc iirc, with the
RuntimeRep the only way to distinguish at all and that vanishing
post-typechecking.

brandon s allbery kf8nh
allbery.b at gmail.com