Fwd: [hadrian/windows] build broken

Shayne Fletcher shayne.fletcher at daml.com
Thu May 30 13:21:22 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 9:18 AM Alp Mestanogullari <alp at well-typed.com>
wrote:

> I haven't (yet) worked on making an OS X job for Hadrian. I brought back
> the Windows/Hadrian CI job with that fix, but then tried running the
> testsuite, which didn't go well, see:
>
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/merge_requests/1035
>
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/alp/ghc/-/jobs/87467
>
> This seems to have brought back a problem that Ben and I started looking
> into and which led us to disabling that job in the first place... However,
> running the testsuite is one thing, but just making sure we can build GHC
> is another.

Exactly. One problem at a time. Preventing changes that break the hadrian
build from landing is what I advocate we concern ourselves with today.

> I guess I can put together a patch to get us an OS X job that just builds
> GHC pretty quickly, and then later get both the Windows and OS X jobs to go
> as far as running the testsuite. That'd at least give us confidence that
> people can build GHC with Hadrian just fine on OS X.

Perfect.

Excellent. @Ben, let's talk!

> In the meantime, I will prepare a patch to add an OSX/Hadrian job.

Thanks Alp!

--
Shayne Fletcher
Language Engineer
e: shayne.fletcher at daml.com
Digital Asset Holdings, LLC
4 World Trade Center                                        150 Greenwich
Street, 47th Floor
<https://maps.google.com/?q=150+Greenwich+Street,+47th+Floor%C2%A0+%C2%A0+%C2%A0+%C2%A0+%C2%A0+New+York,+NY+10007,+USA&entry=gmail&source=g>
New York, NY 10007, USA
digitalasset.com <http://www.digitalasset.com/>

--
This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only,
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary