Fwd: [hadrian/windows] build broken

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Thu May 30 14:19:39 UTC 2019

Shayne Fletcher via ghc-devs <ghc-devs at haskell.org> writes:

> On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 8:32 AM Alp Mestanogullari <alp at well-typed.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Heh, it landed less than an hour ago.
>>
>> If the error persists, you'll probably want to do a clean build, by
>> removing at the very least _build/stage1, even though I'd say it can't hurt
>> to remove _build altogether. Along with that patch, I also brought back the
>> Windows CI job and the error did not show up there, so I'm pretty confident
>> you will not run into it again with a fresh, clean build.
>>
>> It's cooking now. Looking promising :) I build fresh every time. Good news
> on the Windows CI!! On that note, how are we doing on the MacOS front ?
> (Let me know if we need resources to make that happen - might be able to
> help if so!).

Hi Shayne,

If you think you may be able to help with MacOS resources let's chat.
This is certainly an area where we could use help. Currently we have two
boxes which are generously provided to us by Davean Scies. These tend to
struggle with the load and consequently jobs sometimes timeout before
they are able to get a builder. It would be great to be able to do
better here.

Cheers,

- Ben