Haddock tree spongled

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Wed Mar 6 14:59:31 UTC 2019

Sylvain Henry <sylvain at haskus.fr> writes:

> Why don't we just put Haddock into GHC's repository? It was proposed in
> a previous discussion in February [1] and it would avoid the bad
> experience of having it as a submodule while keeping it in sync.

I'm reluctant to keep it in the GHC tree; it really is a separate
project with separate maintainership, dependencies, and contributors.

That being said, I do agree that the status quo is pretty poor. I was
going to suggest managing it with git-subtree instead, but I'm not sure
this would be much of an improvement.

Cheers,

 - Ben