Haddock tree spongled

Sylvain Henry sylvain at haskus.fr
Wed Mar 6 14:51:30 UTC 2019

Why don't we just put Haddock into GHC's repository? It was proposed in
a previous discussion in February [1] and it would avoid the bad
experience of having it as a submodule while keeping it in sync.

With the following commands we can keep the whole commit history:

In Haddock repo:
 > mkdir -p utils/haddock
 > git rm .arcconfig .arclint .ghci .gitignore .travis.yml
 > git mv -k * utils/haddock
 > git commit -a -m "Prepare Haddock merge"

In GHC repo:
 > git rm -rf utils/haddock
 > git commit -a -m "Prepare Haddock merge"
 > git remote add haddock https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/haddock
 > git fetch haddock
 > git merge --allow-unrelated-histories haddock/ghc-8.6 -m "Merge haddock"
 > git remote remove haddock

[1] https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2019-February/017120.html

Cheers,
Sylvain