[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.8.1 release candidate 1 is now available
ben at well-typed.com
Mon Jul 22 23:34:17 UTC 2019
The GHC team is pleased to announce the release candidate for GHC 8.8.1.
The source distribution, binary distributions, and documentation are
This release is the culmination of over 3000 commits by over one hundred
contributors and has several new features and numerous bug fixes
relative to GHC 8.6:
* Profiling now works correctly on 64-bit Windows (although still may
be problematic on 32-bit Windows due to platform limitations; see
* A new code layout algorithm for amd64's native code generator
* The introduction of a late lambda-lifting pass which may reduce
allocations significantly for some programs.
* Further work on Trees That Grow, enabling improved code re-use of the
Haskell AST in tooling
* More locations where users can write `forall` (GHC Proposal #0007)
* A comprehensive audit of GHC's memory ordering barriers has been
performed, resulting in a number of fixes that should significantly
improve the reliability of programs on architectures with
weakly-ordered memory models (e.g. PowerPC, many ARM and AArch64
* A long-standing linker limitation rendering GHCi unusable with
projects with cyclic symbol dependencies has been fixed (#13786)
* Further work on the Hadrian build system
* Numerous bug-fixes
As always, if anything looks amiss do let us know.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 487 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ghc-devs