HIE files?

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Wed Jul 24 12:55:43 UTC 2019

> On Jul 24, 2019, at 2:38 AM, Zubin Duggal <zubin.duggal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I can clarify any remaining questions you might have. If you are satisfied
> with this write up, I can proceed to add it as a Note to HieAst.

This has been very helpful -- thanks! There are a few questions that I have, but this email contains the general info I'm looking for, and I think going through the normal review process will be better than creating an email chain here. My one overall suggestion is that it might be most useful for the Note to begin with instructions to those who edit the GHC AST -- that will be your main audience. Then, perhaps, someone will need to extend the HIE AST as well, and there should be further instructions.

I have made #16975 (https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/16975 <https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/16975>) to track progress of adding this Note.

Thanks!
Richard