[GitLab] Introducing Marge-bot

Matthew Pickering matthewtpickering at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:28:44 UTC 2019

It seems that in order for marge-bot to work best we need to
tighten up our policy towards merging so that it is only Marge
who performs the merges. I think Marge gets confused if people
push to master under her feet which means rebasing again and duplicating work.

Can we disable the "Merge when pipeline succeeds button" in order to
facilitate this?

I also don't think one should be allowed to approve their own
PR. If it is trivial enough to justify a self-accept then someone else
should also be able to trivially accept it.

Therefore I believe the correct workflow is:

1. Make a MR and assign it to someone if you want their specific review.
2. When the MR has been approved, the approver assigns the MR to marge.
3. Marge then performs the merge in her own time.

Cheers,

Matt