Reviews

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Thu Jan 10 18:27:09 UTC 2019

Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> writes:

> |  Another issue is that apparently GitLab still sends one email per comment
> |  instead of one comment per batch. This will evidently be fixed in GitLab
> |  11.6 [1].
>
> yes that is TERRIBLE.  When does 11.6 land?

It is the next release. I will poke our contact to make sure that they
realize the severity of the issue.

> What I want is to have a batch of comments with an overview message.
> We used that /all the time/ in Phab! For example:
>
>    I like this patch but you might want to think about X and Y.
>    Meanwhile I have added a bunch of detailed comments.
>
> This would fit very well with the "batch of comments in one email" change.

Indeed and upstream agrees. They created a feature request [1] in response
to my suggestion. I'll make sure that I mention this to our GitLab contact.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/9145