GItLab commenting

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 18 09:22:17 UTC 2019

Go to the source code that you want to refer to, (Repository… Files for example, or even within an MR itself)… and you’ll notice if you hover on the LHS of any source code, next to the line numbers, that it has a little link icon. Clicking that will change the URL in the URL bar to refer to that place (you can also shift-click between two lines to create a range if that’s your particular proclivity). You can copy the link from the URL bar, and then paste it into the comment where you want to refer to the line of code in question.

My goal is to add a comment to a line in the MR that is not displayed by the MR

If the line is displayed, then yes I can do what you say. But it isn’t!

Zooming off to the repository is not good because while I can get a link to the line, I can’t add a comment; I can only do that in the MR.

Does that make sense?

Simon