Unpacking coercions

Ryan Scott ryan.gl.scott at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:26:07 UTC 2018

> Simple is good.  But what is this dead simple idea?

I'm referring to David's first e-mail on this thread:
https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2018-September/016191.html

All that would take is putting Coercion in TysWiredIn, and moving Coercion
from Data.Type.Coercion to somewhere in ghc-prim.

> Maybe this thread belongs with the proposal, unless I’m misunderstanding.

I think the intention is to have that proposal (which proposes a language
change) be superseded by this idea (which does not change the language).

Ryan S.