Unpacking coercions

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 5 14:20:34 UTC 2018

Simple is good.  But what is this dead simple idea?

Perhaps: https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/116
But that proposal lists several possible alternatives.  Which one did you mean?

And all of them are language changes. Making evidence strict would require no language changes to solve the original problem.

Maybe this thread belongs with the proposal, unless I’m misunderstanding.

Simon