[GHC DevOps Group] GitLab migration status

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Mon Dec 17 15:14:31 UTC 2018

Simon Jakobi via ghc-devs <ghc-devs at haskell.org> writes:

> Hi Ben,
>
> in my experience Gitlab has been extremely slow at showing commit diffs to
> the point that it gives up and returns a 502:
> https://gitlab.staging.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/15944
>
> Is this possibly related to any resource constraints on our instance?

Yes, I have also noticed the general slowness of our instance. Last week
I identified the cause as being the fact that it is being hosted on an
AArch64 box, which apparently isn't a configuration that is very well
supported by the Ruby interpreter's optimised implementation.

The same instance running on x86_64 is much more responsive [1].

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://gitlab.staging2.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/merge_requests/11