GHC staus

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 14:34:37 UTC 2017

inline

On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 11:06 AM Ben Gamari <ben at smart-cactus.org> wrote:

> Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> writes:
>
> > Ben, Simon, and ghc-devs
> > I have to write slides for the GHC status talk in the Haskell
> Implementor's meeting.
> > Usually we have
> >
> >   1.  Current status (current release)
>
> I think there is no shortage of things to say about 8.2. Lots of
> features and numerous important bugfixes.
>
> >   2.  What's cooking for the next release
>
> Currently it is looking like 8.4.1 will be another cleanup release.
> The only item I can think of beyond those listed on the status page is
> the possibility of progress on #8809.

I believe there was a post on the Tweag IO blog suggesting linear types
work might make 8.4.1. If not true it might be worth saying this is coming
post 8.4.1 but I guess that's true of lots of things.

On the bug section of the status page it has "Implement Improved LLVM
backend". It might be worth mentioning that in the highlights section if it
is still on track.