Disabling Travis?

Richard Eisenberg rae at cs.brynmawr.edu
Mon Aug 21 03:55:21 UTC 2017

Indeed I wrote and then deleted an email to you asking to update the Travis script to work again. I deleted it because I realized that fixing this myself was easy. So, at least one person cares about Travis. :)

Why do I care? Because I find it easier to validate with Travis than with Phab, for these reasons:

- I don't have to go through the process of creating a new diff -- no arc, no diff #, no reviewers that I don't care for (as I just want validation).

- Phab does advanced Sorcerer's-apprentice-level wizardry in applying my patch. If it's not rebased to a current master, Strange Things happen. And sometimes, I'm not ready to rebase (as I just want validation).

One might ask these questions at this point:

Q: Shouldn't I *always* create a diff for a change I'm making?