Disabling Travis?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Aug 21 07:54:25 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 20.08.2017, 23:55 -0400 schrieb Richard Eisenberg:
> The big minus to Travis, as I see it, are that only committers can
> use it. (A forked repo just doesn't work because of the way that
> submodules are checked out, IIRC.) This minus doesn't affect me,
> however.

I think the biggest minus is that Travis can either be configured to
send mails to one specific address (as it was initially, when I
received all the mail and could check whether I want to notify the
author), or to the author of the patch, but not both. Currently it is
sent to notify the author, but people seem to simply ignore the mails.

(Or maybe even only authors who also registered on travis get them?)

So if there is demand to keep using Travis, maybe we have to go back to
sending notification mails to one person who oversees this service?

Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner
  mail at joachim-breitner.de