simple pictures about GHC development flow

Takenobu Tani takenobu.hs at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 12:36:37 UTC 2016

Hi Ben, Joachim,

> > There is a box „committer flow“. What exactly is meant by that? Is
> > there more to be said about that?
> >
> I think this means someone with commit bits simply pushing a patch
> without submitting to code review. Ideally we'd be able to deprecate
> this workflow in favor of the "auto-validating push" that you've
> proposed.

I assumed that "committer flow" is simply pushing a patch without
submitting to code review or without discussion.
I thought committers [1] have the authority in case of typo or small
modification.
Do I misunderstand?

[1]: https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/TeamGHC

According to your advice, I will update the following:
  * page 12: correct "Arcanist"
  * page 9: update ghc-proposals flow
  * after page 8 (new page 9): add a simple diagram for the various ticket
states
  * page 12: add "travis"

Regards,
Takenobu