Linker.c broken

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Mon Jul 4 08:45:11 UTC 2016

Simon Marlow wrote:

> I will fix it, sorry about this.  Unfortunately I can't really add a
> Windows validate into my workflow because it would mean rebooting my laptop
> into Windows and not doing anything else for several hours.

Even building as 32 bit would have shaken out a bug in the format specifiers
to the debugBelch statement.

Are you on Linux? I use a 32 bit debian chroot on my otherwise 64 bit Debian
system.

> We need some CI support for Windows - Ben/Austin any thoughts on this?

That would be an improvement, but it doesn't help for other OSes like Aix
and Solaris or other CPUs.

I also noticed that patch bypassed Phabricator. I assume that was a mistake. I've
done it myself. We need to be particularly careful with the RTS code because
its so fragile. It needs to be build and tested on a wide variety of systems.

Erik