Action Required: Status of Harbormaster for Differentials

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Mon Aug 29 14:03:35 UTC 2016

Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de> writes:

> [ Unknown signature status ]
> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 26.08.2016, 17:39 -0400 schrieb Ben Gamari:
>> Indeed, it's available at [1].
>
> it does not seem to be world-readable:
>
> $ git fetch phab
> fatal: unable to access 'http://phabricator.haskell.org/diffusion/GHCDIFF/GHC-Differentials.git/': The requested URL returned error: 500

Actually it looks like this was a configuration issue which broke
Phabricator's HTTP git hosting. I believe I have fixed this but now
seem to be fighting our CDN which I'll need help from the infrastructure
guys for.

Regardless, you should be able to clone the repo via ssh.

>> The only thing you'll find in that repository currently is tags (not
>> branches as I stated earlier; sorry!) with names of the form
>> phabricator/base/1234 and phabricator/diff/1234. These contain the base
>> and head commits of revision 1234, respectively. Note that 1234 does not
>> identify a differential; rather it is a revision of a differential (e.g.
>> the number that you see in the "ID" column of the history table fn a
>> > ifferential in the web interface).
>
> Ok, I think I will have to add custom code to take care of DRs in
> gipeda, but it is probably worth it.

This code won't strictly speaking be in gipeda, right? Rather, it would
merely be a bit more logic in the build script, no?

> Can I assume that phabricator/base/1234 is always (or at least usually)
> a commit on master, or some other branch in the ghc repository?

Often it will be. However, I have in the past often opened "chains" of
Differentials where the HEAD of one is the base commit of the next.
Naturally in this case the base commit will not be in master.

Cheers,

- Ben