Action Required: Status of Harbormaster for Differentials

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Aug 29 14:19:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

Am Montag, den 29.08.2016, 10:03 -0400 schrieb Ben Gamari:

> > it does not seem to be world-readable:
> >
> > $ git fetch phab
> > fatal: unable to access 'http://phabricator.haskell.org/diffusion/G
> > HCDIFF/GHC-Differentials.git/': The requested URL returned error:
> > 500
> >
> Actually it looks like this was a configuration issue which broke
> Phabricator's HTTP git hosting. I believe I have fixed this but now
> seem to be fighting our CDN which I'll need help from the
> infrastructure
> guys for.
>
> Regardless, you should be able to clone the repo via ssh.

Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

and the repository exists.

(This is without using an ssh key added to Phab – after all, I need a
build service to poll that, and don’t want to hand out keys to that.)

I’ll wait for the CDN to get working.

> > > The only thing you'll find in that repository currently is tags (not
> > > branches as I stated earlier; sorry!) with names of the form
> > > phabricator/base/1234 and phabricator/diff/1234. These contain the base
> > > and head commits of revision 1234, respectively. Note that 1234 does not
> > > identify a differential; rather it is a revision of a differential (e.g.
> > > the number that you see in the "ID" column of the history table fn a

> > Ok, I think I will have to add custom code to take care of DRs in
> > gipeda, but it is probably worth it.
> >
> This code won't strictly speaking be in gipeda, right? Rather, it would
> merely be a bit more logic in the build script, no?

Both.

The build script needs to know that there are two repositories to poll from

Gipeda needs to produce a section, like the one for branches, for DRs,
which  have slightly different semantics (in particular, they have an
explicit base commit that comparisons should be made against, which is
not the case for git branches).

Hmm. Links to git diffs would also have to go to a different place.
Annoying complexity there. Maybe a separate gipeda instance is simpler
(but would get in the way of comparing commits on Phab with commits on
the main repo, and duplicate building work).

I’ll have to think more about how this can be done in a viable way.

Greetings,
Joachim

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
  mail at joachim-breitner.dehttps://www.joachim-breitner.de/