Proposal: accept pull requests on GitHub

Thomas Miedema thomasmiedema at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 11:48:31 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Vincent Hanquez <tab at snarc.org> wrote:

> there's (probably) lots of small/janitorial contributions that do not need
> the full power of phabricator or any sophisticated code review.

Austin's point, and I agree, is that we shouldn't optimize the system for
those contributions. Cleanup, documentation and other small patches are
very much welcomed, and they usually get merged within a few days. To make
a truly better GHC though, we very much depend on expert contributors, say
to implement and review Backpack or DWARF-based backtraces. My point is
that `arc` is hurting these expert contributors as much, if not more than
everyone else. To get more expert contributors you need more newcomers, but
don't optimize the system only for the newcomers.