wither the Platform

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:35:36 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 7:27 AM, Edward Kmett <ekmett at gmail.com> wrote:

> The lens package (alongside every other package I maintain that is
> incurred as a dependency of lens) has very

deliberately support all Haskell Platform releases for at least 3 current
> major GHC releases, often at great expense to the API.
>
> No offense, but I don't think lens is the culprit here.

Excellent! None taken. I appologize for my poor choice of example.

Several people have included lens in an example of "newcomers want to
install x, y, and z - and it won't work with the platform." It is great
that lens is not the problem - but it does underscore that the other
packages haven't seen fit to match the same stability release points as
lens - hence the unlikeliness of them working together except at HEAD.