wither the Platform

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 03:38:45 UTC 2015

richarch, you should *still* be able to use the ghc-for-osx bundle, just
not launch the "help setup your path" app

eg, if you donwlaod the current release from
https://ghcformacosx.github.io/  and add
/Applications/ghc-7.8.4.app/Contents/bin/ to your path, you should be able
to use the included ghc et al on any >= 10.7 system.

a simple test would be to launch ghci as follows
/Applications/ghc-7.8.4.app/Contents/bin/ghci

ghc for osx USES the same GHC build that OS X haskell platform uses.

that said, mark HAS been the general custodian of official OS X builds
because he's been the only person who seems to be able to get docbook
working properly on osx