Put "Error:" before error output

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Tue Jan 27 16:49:13 UTC 2015

-1

There are common idioms that rely on the current behavior,
so I think this would break a lot code.

Examples:

In command line programs, it is very common to use
"error" for printing the usage message.

Many programs use "error" as a general way to exit
from pure code with a message.

I'm not commenting about whether or not those
are good practice, just reporting that they are out there.

I would be in favor of this though if it is off by default
and is turned on by an option or pragma. But not just
-Werror, though, except for messages that would
otherwise have been prefixed by "Warning", like
the current behavior.

Thanks,
Yitz