Broken `cabal haddock --hoogle` with GHC 7.10

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 05:47:08 UTC 2015

On 02/25/2015 05:41 AM, Michael Snoyman wrote:
> I'm not really able to follow the details of this, but I wanted to raise to
> everyone's attention a serious bug with the current GHC 7.10 RC, Cabal
> 1.22, and/or Haddock. Currently, running `cabal haddock --hoogle` does not
> work. There seem to be two different issues open about it:
>
> https://github.com/haskell/haddock/issues/361
> https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/2297
>
> I really don't understand the issues here, but I'd claim that the severity
> of this should probably be a blocker for a GHC 7.10 release.

I think only work needs to go into cabal now. GHCs point of concern here
is that it ships with a patched cabal for this when the patch does get
crafted rather than only dumped onto the master branch. It's already
fixed on Haddock side and I believe the change is on 7.10 branch.

So I guess this is just a FYI that something is broken and we're
awaiting cabal patch.

--
Mateusz K.