Broken `cabal haddock --hoogle` with GHC 7.10

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Feb 25 05:41:37 UTC 2015

I'm not really able to follow the details of this, but I wanted to raise to
everyone's attention a serious bug with the current GHC 7.10 RC, Cabal
1.22, and/or Haddock. Currently, running `cabal haddock --hoogle` does not
work. There seem to be two different issues open about it:

https://github.com/haskell/haddock/issues/361
https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/2297

I really don't understand the issues here, but I'd claim that the severity
of this should probably be a blocker for a GHC 7.10 release.