Strange Changelog.md formatting on Hackage

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Aug 6 07:48:32 UTC 2015

Dear Sven,

Am Mittwoch, den 05.08.2015, 16:57 +0200 schrieb Sven Panne:
> The formatting of
> https://hackage.haskell.org/package/StateVar-1.1.0.1/changelog is
> garbled, while the corresponding GitHub page
> https://github.com/haskell-opengl/StateVar/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md l
> ooks OK. Can somebody give me a hint why this happens?
> https://hackage.haskell.org/package/lens-4.12.3/changelog e.g. looks
> nice, but the markdown seems to be similar.

one difference is that StateVar’s changelog has CRLF-terminated lines,
while lenses’ does not. This is likely a bug in hackage-server, you
might want to open a issue there.

Also, it is technically off-topic on ghc-dev; haskell-cafe might have
been more suited for this question.

Greetings,
Joachim

--